Monday, September 22, 2014

Band of the Week - Passion Pit

Passion Pit is a band I've been listening to for quite awhile since my brother had bought their CD, Manners, when it first came out. I love their whole electronic mix sound with the high pitch voices. Their beat is almost constantly fast paced which makes it great music to pump up to. You may have heard them from Sleepyhead or Take a Walk. Usually, I would suggest songs of theirs to listen to, and I do suggest The Reeling and Little Secrets but really, I suggest the whole Manners album. I like how they do have a few songs that instead of being made into remixes, they make stripped down versions which is the version without all the electronic sounds and layovers. It's interesting because I did always wonder what the singer, Michael Angelakos, would sound like with only his voice. The first EP, Chunk of Change, was actually mostly written by him on his laptop. The first four songs, including Sleepyhead, were written for his girlfriend at the time.

To learn more about Passion Pit, visit their website: http://passionpitmusic.com/underconstruction

No comments:

Post a Comment