Sunday, October 5, 2014

Album of the Week - Vessel - Twenty One Pilots

This week's Album of the Week is Vessel by Twenty One Pilots. Vessel becomes an addiction. Twenty One Pilots masterfully switches between sounds so much that when I suggest them to a friend and they ask what it sounds like, my reply comes out like gibberish so let's just settle on calling it Alternative. Surprisingly, the group only consists of two musicians, Tyler Joseph and Josh Dun. Both from Columbus, Ohio. Their lyrics are crazy brilliant and catchy. You may know them from Car Radio, the song that sounds beautiful with his overlaying dark thoughts worded in a clever rap that turns into intense screamo in a spot then calms down again. You could also know them from House of Gold, not my favorite song of theirs but it is sweet. You should definitely check out Guns For Hands, Screen and Fake You Out but if you're like me, that won't be enough so it's a good thing that their entire album rocks. Before I leave, I've read that someone had compared his singing voice to the hilarious comedian Aziz Ansari and I can hear the similarities. If you're not familiar with his work, in a few shows, he's sung as part of a few of his jokes, (you can check out his comedy sets on Netflix). I definitely call for a comedic genius collaboration between the two!

To learn more about Twenty One Pilots, visit their website:  http://www.twentyonepilots.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment